New Software Release
Power Skiving in focus – esco presents new module for feasibility studies and the comprehensive software platform ePP
eSkiving.FS, the new software for feasibility studies, is tailor-made for gear development in conjunction with gear production planning
Feasibility Study: skiving of a two-stage gearing
Herzogenrath/Germany, November 2022 – esco, technology partner for process digitization in the gear and cutting tool industry, is expanding its software offering with the new eSkiving.FS module for effective feasibility studies in Power Skiving. At the same time, the company is introducing the esco Power Skiving Platform (ePP), a comprehensive software platform that includes eSkiving.FS to provide seamless support in all areas of the Power Skiving process.
New eSkiving.FS software module
Gear manufacturers often need additional know-how and more transparency about the skiving process to avoid errors and lengthy optimization loops. With this in mind, esco has developed the eSkiving.FS software module, which enables users to validate and optimize gear manufacturing right at the beginning of the process chain. The new module is suitable for use in both gear development and gear production planning. eSkiving.FS offers all the necessary features for application-specific feasibility studies and enables efficient implementation of Power Skiving as gear manufacturing process:
- Parameter-based generation of the gear geometry
- Simulation of skiving kinematics
- Generation of the basic geometry for the skiving tool
- Collision detection: import of surrounding component geometries through 3D or easy parameterisation
- Simulation of Power Skiving in 3D ("virtual machining")
- Definition of the cut distribution and estimation of main machining time for skiving
- Output of the basic tool geometry and all relevant parameters for the detailed skiving tool design on the basis of the feasibility study
You want to learn more about eSkiving.FS? How about a free online demo? Just send us an email.
New ePP software platform
With the latest addition to its software offering, esco now provides a platform that allows all developers and users involved to access a common information base. The ePP software platform ensures seamless data communication throughout the entire skiving process and supports the successful introduction and implementation of Power Skiving. With the launch of eSkiving.FS in November 2022, the ePP software platform comprises five seamless interlinked modules:
- FS (Feasibility Study): module for conducting feasibility studies
- TD (Tool Design): module for tool design based on the manufacturing simulation of Skiving
- TA (Technology Analysis): module for the analysis of technologically relevant parameters (requires eSkiving.TD)
- AS (Application Support): module for application optimization on-site (requires eSkiving.TA)
- TP (Tool Production): module for the manufacturing of skiving cutters
You want to learn more about the esco Power Skiving Platform ePP? How about a free online demo? Just send us an email.
"Connecting the dots": the ePP software platform ensures seamless data communication throughout the entire skiving process
With over 25 years of experience, esco is an established technology partner for tool design, process automation and quality assurance in the gearing and precision cutting tool industry. Based in the region of Aachen and operating worldwide, the company translates its comprehensive industry-specific know-how and interdisciplinary thinking into unique software products and customer-specific solutions for the digitization and optimization of all relevant manufacturing processes. The use of the esco software range stands for high productivity and flexibility as well as for sustainability and profitability. It covers the entire production cycle – from design to production to quality assurance.